-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '21 --
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's and women's track & field teams competed in the Wesleyan Invitational on Saturday. The men picked up seven first-place finishes and the women claimed four.
- The men earned seven first-place finishes and five second-place finishes.
- Kyron Roberts was victorious in the 400m with a time of 50.77.
- Christian Denny placed first in both the 60m and 200m with times of 7.05 and 23.06, respectively.
- William Bajohr won the 1000m with a time of 2:39.09.
- Wesleyan claimed the top five places in the 1 mile run, with Eli Gappelberg winning the event with a time of 2:39.09.
- Kevin DeLoughry claimed second in the 400m with a time of 51.03.
- The men's 4x400m relay team claimed first place in the event with a time of 3:28.02.
- The women claimed 18 top-five finishes.
- Grace Devanny took first place in both the 200m and 400m with times of 26.14 and 58.43, respectively.
- Addison Thomas claimed first in the 800m with a mark of 2:29.97.
- Mallory Elliott placed second in the long jump (4.81).
- Tara Peng placed second in both the high jump (1.52m) and pole vault (3.05m).
- Abigail Pipkin secured second place in the 1000m with a time of 3:12.12.
- The Cardinals claimed four of the top six places in the 400m as Kate Hausladen (1:03.22), Rachel Morrow (1:03.53), and Belle Brown (1:04.68) each finished strong behind the winning Cardinal, Grace Devanny.
- The Cardinals also took four of the top five places in the 60m, as Augusta Claire Burhans won the event with a time of 7.99, followed by Caelan Campbell (8.24), Sofia Pogliano (8.33), and Gabby Harris (8.35).
- Wesleyan is back in action next weekend in the Branwen King Invitational hosted by Tufts on February 8th.