MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's and women's track and field teams hosted the Little Three Championship on Saturday afternoon. Amherst won on the men's side, snapping Williams' 31-year streak with just two points, while the Ephs were victorious on the women's side for the 35-straight year.
- Ivie Uzamere guided the Cardinals with a pair of first-place finishes. She recorded a winning mark of 11.47m in the shot put and a mark of 18.90m in the weight throw.
- Becky Velie placed first in the 800m with a time of 2:23.06.
- Augusta Burhans placed third in the 60m with a time of 8.11.
- Fourth-place finishes came from Rachel Morrow with a personal best in the 400m (1:03.07), Erike Kluge in the pole vault (9'0") and Tara Peng in the triple jump with a mark of 9.57m.
- Maggie McCormick placed fifth in the pole vault with a height of 8'6", while Peng was fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.37m.
- Kyron Roberts and Noah Olsen led the way for Wesleyan, each winning their respective events. Roberts crossed the line first in the 600m with a time of 1:24.42, while Olsen earned the top-spot in the long jump with a mark of 6.51m.
- Second-place finishes came from Kevin DeLoughry in the 400m (51.85) and Nick Carulli in the 60m hurdles (8.72).
- The Cardinals had three athletes place third in field events. Carulli earned third with a jump of 6.47m in the long jump, Olsen soared to a height of 1.82m in the high jump, and Connell Oberman earned third in the weight throw with a mark of 12.15m.
- On the track, Christian Denny crossed the finish line in third in the 200m (23.79), while Will Ratner ran a personal best in the mile (4:28.73) which was also good for third.
- The Cardinals head to the Smith Invitational on January 18th.