-- Recap by Henry Yang '21 --
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Wesleyan University women's track and field team excelled at the New England DIII Championships, a two-day event hosted by Bowdoin, and finished tied for sixth overall with 48 points. RIC also recorded 48 points while Williams won the tournament with 140 followed by MIT (87.50) and Tufts (67).
- Jenny Aguiar placed first in the 400-meter (57.09) dash to collect her fourth first-place of the season, while recording a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter (26.37).
- Ivie Uzamere dominated the weight throw event as she registered an impressive mark of 18.85m, surpassing the second-place finisher by 0.34m and the third by 2.96m.
- Katie Maehl received a well-deserved second-place in the pentathlon with 3,338 points as she came in second in the shot put and collected two third-place finishes in long jump and high jump pentathlon events.
- Becky Lopez-Anido continued her fine form as she took third in the 1,000-meter run with a mark of 2:55.95, the same record she made just a week ago as the new school record.
- The 4x800 relay team, which composed of Rhoen Fiutak, Rebecca Lopez-Anido, Sophie Scobell and Becky Velie, raced to a fifth-place finish, closing in at 9:36.20.
- The 4x400 relay team (Alexandra Dibrindisi, Allegra Fils-Aime, Rachel Morrow and Aguiar) faced strong competition as they came in sixth with a time of 4:02.12.
- In the 600-meter event, Freshman Becky Velie clocked in at 1:39.16 to earn a sixth-place finish and three points for the team.
- On Friday, Wesleyan will head to Medford, Mass. for the two-day Last Chance Meet hosted by Tufts University.