STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Junior Julia Mitchell of the Wesleyan University women's track & field team finished fourth overall in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 10:15.06 on Saturday, as the Cardinals compiled five top-nine finishes during the Fast Track Last Chance meet at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Sylwia Lipior was the fifth runner to cross the finish line during the 1,000m, clocking a time of 3:05.96.
- Freshman Becky Lopez-Anido (5:15.43) and sophomore Sara Pinsonault (5:16.26) finished one behind the other during the 1-mile run, checking in at the No. 8 and 9 slots, respectively.
- Sophomore Sydney Forrest performed admirably in the pole vault, tallying a mark of 2.90, while freshman Julia Cella, who hails from Belmont, Mass., was the 13th-place performer in the 200m (27.21).
- In the 3000m, freshman Lizzie Edwards (10:48.19) and sophomore Rosie Skovron (10:55.39) led the charge for Wesleyan, finishing 13th and 15 overall, respectively.
- Freshman Charlotte Mittenthal, who grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y., recorded a time of 29.71 in the 200m, and freshman Carolina Mahedy ran a strong race with the clock showing 30.09 as she crossed the finish line.
- The Cardinals will compete in the Last Chance Meet on Friday-Saturday at Tufts in Medford, Mass., with competition starting at 10 a.m. on both days.