MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The No. 4 Wesleyan women's tennis team cruised by Rhode Island College, 5-0 in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday morning. With the win, the Cardinals extend their win-streak to eight and advance to the Regional Final where they will play No. 8 Brandeis at noon on Sunday. The Judges defeated No. 16 Skidmore 5-0 to advance to the regional finale.
The Cardinals snapped Rhode Island College's win streak of 18, as the Anchorwomen finish their season with an 18-1 overall mark.
- Wesleyan swept doubles with scores of 8-0 in all three matches.
- The Cardinals saw Daniela Alvarez and Megan Tran team up at #3 doubles for the first time in a few weeks, where the tandem found their rhythm, blanking their opponents 8-0.
- In singles, Tran was the first to finish, as she topped her opponent 6-0, 6-0 to pick up the fourth point.
- Alexis Almy clinched the match at #3, easing past Serena Bobola 6-1, 6-0.
- Victoria Yu (#1) and Polina Kiseleva's (#2) matches were unfinished, but were both at 6-0, 5-0 when the match was called.
- Alissa Nakamoto played at #4, when she was up one set (6-0, 3-1) when the match was finished, while Alvarez was up one set 6-0 and had just started her second set (1-0).