-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '21 --
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team competed in the 2020 NESCAC Championships hosted by Middlebury this weekend, claiming six top-eight finishes and five NCAA "B" qualifying standard times.
Caroline Murphy highlighted the tournament for the Cardinals as she won the 100-yard backstroke for a third-consecutive season. Wesleyan finished eighth overall with 602 points. Williams claimed the title with 1930.5 points followed by Tufts (1539.5) and Amherst (1369).
- Murphy was victorious in the 100 backstroke with a time of 55.90 to earn All-NESCAC honors. She also placed fourth in the 50 backstroke, finishing in 26.03.
- Hannah O'Halloran finished in third in the 200 backstroke with a time of 2:02.90 to secure All-NESCAC laurels.
- The 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams secured seventh and sixth place with times of 1:35.82 and 3:29.23, respectively. The Cardinals' time in the 200 free relay was a new varsity record.
- The 200 and 400 medley relay teams each placed sixth as the 200 medley place in 1:44.81 and the 400 medley finished in 3:51.26.
- On Feb. 28-29, the Cardinals will compete in the NCAA Diving Qualifier held in Springfield, Mass.