Posted: Jan 25, 2020
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's and women's swimming & diving teams hosted three NESCAC schools today as it welcomed Bowdoin, Colby, and Trinity to the Wesleyan Natatorium.
- The men claimed two individual wins and 13 top-five finishes.
- Tran highlighted the day for the Cardinals as he won the 200-yard fly in 11:54.15 as well as the 500 free in 4:49.26.
- Mason Polaner finished fifth in the 500 free behind Tran with a mark of 4:58.27 and also took second in the 1,000 free with a mark of 10:01.93.
- Wesleyan also had two top-five finishes in the 200 breaststroke as Mason Johnson finished second in 2:16.77 and Jeremy Kim finished fifth in 2:19.31.
- Rounding out the top highlights were Alex Brun placing fourth in the 400 IM (4:17.70), Aidan Hood claiming fourth in the 50 free (22.90), Richard Ettinger taking fifth in the 100 fly (53.68), and the 200 medley relay earning fifth (1:39.68).
- The women won two events as well and earned 12 top-five finishes.
- Caroline Murphy won the 100 back in 59.19 and Amanda McHugh claimed the 100 fly in 1:00.48.
- Murphy also finished third in the 100 free (55.19) behind Grace Middleton who placed second (54.69), and Middleton grabbed second in the 50 free with a time of 25.52.
- Rounding out the top highlights for the women were Rachel Townsend in the 100 breaststroke as she claimed second (1:10.44), Zoe Paglia taking third in the 3-meter dive (212.25), Sarah Schou placing fourth in the 100 back (1:03.01), and Talia Lackton and Paglia earning fourth (203.75) and fifth (198.65) in the 1-meter dive, respectively.
- The women also placed second in the 200 medley relay (1:50.68) and the 200 free relay (1:40.45).
- Wesleyan is back in action on Saturday, February 1 as it hosts Connecticut College on Senior Day beginning at 1 p.m.