MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan swimming and diving teams were on the road at Trinity on Sunday for their second meet in as many days. The women's team edged the hosts 150-147 to earn their 17th-straight victory over the Bantams, while the men fell 152-128.
- Mengmeng Gibbs led the way for Wesleyan, winning three individual events, while competing on a winning relay squad. She took the top-spot in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:08.55), the 200-yard breaststroke (2:28.87) and the 200-yard IM (2:13.43).
- Caroline Murphy and Grace Middleton each won a pair of individual events and were a part of the two winning relay teams. Murphy took top honors in the 100-yard backstroke (59.77) and the 100-yard freestyle (55.73), while Middleton touched the wall first in the 50-yard freestyle (25.40) and the 100-yard butterfly (1:00.19).
- The 200-yard medley relay (Murphy, Gibbs, Middleton and Heddy Parker) posted a winning time of 1:51.08, while the 400-yard freestyle relay (Murphy, Hannah O'Halloran, Parker and Middleton) touched the wall first with a time of 3:40.38.
- O'halloran placed first in the 200-yard backstroke with a time of 2:15.32.
- Second-place finishes came from Amanda McHugh in the 200-yard butterfly (2:19.56), Paglia in the 1-meter (213.20 points) and the 3-meter (206.25) boards and Parker in the 200-yard freestyle (2:02.07).
- Richard Ettinger won a pair of races, touching the wall first in the 200-yard backstroke (2:00.06) and the 200-yard IM (2:01.84), while placing second in the 100-yard backstroke (54.97).
- Mason Polaner came in first in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 4:50.33, while placing second in the 200-yard freestyle (1:46.71) and the 100-yard freestyle (48.98).
- Alex Brun won the 1000-yard freestyle with a time of 10:08.53.
- Jeremy Kim took top-honors in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:02.70), and touched the wall second in 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:16.44.
- Eric Tran posted a winning time of 1:57.62 in the 200-yard butterfly and earned second in 100-yard butterfly (53.29).
- The 400-yard freestyle relay (Kim, Brun, Jeffrey Haegelin and Aaron Lafferty) earned second-place with a time of 3:25.68.
- Joel Groves lone diver in both the 1-meter and 3-meter events, recording points of 166.25 and 153.80, respectively.
- The Cardinals will host Bowdoin, Colby and Trinity on Saturday, January 25th.