MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan swimming and diving teams hosted Roger Williams and Springfield on Saturday afternoon. The men's team edged Springfield 149-144, but fell to Roger Williams 178-110. The Women's squad topped Roger Williams 157-124, but fell to Springfield 188-100.
- The 400-yard medley relay team comprise of Hannah O'Halloran, Mengmeng Gibbs, Grace Middleton and Heddy Parker won first-place honors with a time of 4:05.02.
- Gibbs was victorious in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:09.03) and the 200-yard breaststroke (2:30.23).
- In the 100-yard butterfly, Middleton won with a time of 1:00.03 and Amanda McHugh was just behind (1:00.25).
- O'Halloran earned runner-up honors in the 100-yard back (1:01.56) and the 200-yard backstroke (2:13.65).
- Zoe Paglia earned second off both diving boards. Off the 1-meter she had 217.80 points, while off the 3-meter she recorded 215.70 points.
- The 200-yard free relay squad (Gibbs, O'Halloran, Sarah Schou and Middleton) placed second with a time of 1:41.24.
- Third-place finishes came from Rachel Townsend in the 100-yard free (56.59) and Sarah Goldman off the 3-meter board (188.60 points).
- Mason Polaner won the 1000-yard free, touching the wall in 10:02.02. In the 500-yard free he placed second with a time of 4:50.31, just under two seconds behind the first-place finisher.
- In the 200-yard free, Eric Tran clocked in at 1:48.03 which was good for first place. He placed second in the 400-yard IM with a time of 4:15.79.
- Richard Ettinger was victorious in the 200-yard backstroke (2:00.15) and placed second in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 54.64.
- In the 200-yard breaststroke, Jeremy Kim placed second with a time of 2:16.92.
- Third-place finishes came from Jeffrey Haegelin in the 100-yard butterfly (55.25) and Alex Brun in the 400-yard IM (4:20.50).
- The Cardinals head to in-state NESCAC foe Trinity on Sunday for a 1:00 p.m. start.