Posted: Nov 16, 2019
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team opened the 2019-20 season with a quad meet hosted by Williams on Saturday. The Cardinals competed against No. 9 Tufts, No. 5 Williams and WPI.
- Mengmeng Gibbs had a phenomenal day in the pool, placing top-four in all three of her races including a relay. Individually, Gibbs placed third in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 31.63, while placing fourth in the 100-yard breaststroke clocking in at 1:09.49.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay (Heddy Parker, Hannah O'Halloran, Gibbs and Grace Middleton) raced to a third-place finish, touching the wall in 1:41.96.
- Off the boards, Talia Lanckton placed seventh off the 3-meter with 198.08 points and eighth off the 1-meter with 200.63.
- O'Halloran raced to a seventh-place finish in the 200-yard backstroke, clocking in at 2:14.38.
- First-year Khushi Jain placed 11th in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:05.59.
- Rachel Townsend earned ninth in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 33.00, while Middleton placed eighth in the 100-yard freestyle (55.62) and the 200-yard freestyle (55.62).
- The Cardinals travel to Bates on Saturday. The diving will start at 10:00 a.m., while the swimming events will begin at noon.