MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – After spending last week in Florida for a training trip, the Wesleyan women's swimming and diving team was back in the pool today. The Cardinals were victorious over both Roger Williams and Springfield, winning 188-95 and 150-138, respectively. The team recorded nine first-place finishes.
- In the 200-yard medley relay, Wesleyan's A & B teams placed first and second, respectively. The A team (Caroline Murphy, Mengmeng Gibbs, Grace Middleton, and Hannah O'Halloran) completed the race in 1:52.64, while the B team (Julia Dietz, Kylie Han, Rachel Townsend and Sophia Antonio) clocked in at 1:55.21.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team composed of Murphy, O'Halloran, Antonio, and Middleton came in first place with a time of 1:39.36.
- O'Halloran earned first place honors in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:00.16 and also claimed the top spot in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:25.20.
- In the 100-yard freestyle, Maela Whitcomb came in first place with a time of 11:14.60, five seconds ahead of the second-place finisher. Whitcomb also came in second in the 200-yard IM (2:16.01) and third in the 200-yard backstroke (2:14.44).
- Gibbs recorded a first-place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:09.56 and placed first in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:15.51. She also came in third in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:34.74).
- Townsend clocked in first in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:01.93, while earning second place honors in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:10.82
- Murphy raced to a second-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle (2:02.16) and earned second place honors in the 100-yard freestyle (55.28).
- Antonio came in third during the 200-yard freestyle, clocking in at 2:04.05, while placing fourth in the 100-yard freestyle (57.60).
- Dietz clocked in at 1:02.47 in the 100-yard backstroke, which was good for third place.
- In the 100-yard butterfly, Middleton came in second with a time of 1:02.30, while placing third in the 50-yard freestyle (25.72).
- Han clocked in at 56.76 in the 100-yard freestyle and earned fourth in the 50-yard freestyle (26.09).
- Off the 1-meter board, Wesleyan earned second, third and fourth place finishes. Erin Angell had a 177.05 mark, followed by Talia Lanckton (162.05) and Shea Peretz (144.45).
- Lanckton placed second off the 3-meter with a mark of 165.45.
- Amanda McHugh came in third during the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 1:02.41.
- Wesleyan will head to Colby on Saturday for a 2:30 p.m. start, before traveling to Bowdoin on Sunday for an 11:00 a.m. start.