-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '21 --
AMHERST, Mass. - The Wesleyan men's and women's squash teams competed in the Little Three Championship hosted by Amherst College on Sunday.
The men lost both matches to No. 20 Amherst and No. 16 Williams by scores of 9-0 and 8-1, respectively, and are now 8-9 overall. The women lost 8-1 to No. 15 Amherst before a 9-0 defeat to No. 12 Williams. They are now 10-6 on the year.
- Sean Choi was a bright spot for the Cardinals as he defeated Jacob Bassil of Williams in the No. 1 position by a score of 11-1, 9-11, 13-11. He also played to five sets against Robinson Armour of Amherst by scores of 11-4, 7-11, 10-12, 11-2, 11-9.
- Robby Greenspan defeated Nilay Neelaveni of Williams by a score of 7-11, 13-11, 11-4, 11-6 in the No. 10 spot.
- John Sutherby (9-11, 11-6, 11-4, 11-13, 11-9) and Choi (11-4,7-11,10-12,11-2,11-9) each battled hard to take their matches to five games against the Ephs.
- Aditi Prasad played well in her victory over Daksha Pathak of Amherst, winning by a score of 11-3, 11-9, 11-8 in the No. 1 position.
- Valeria Osorio played to five sets in the No. 4 spot against Caroline Conway of Amherst, ultimately falling 11-3, 6-11, 4-11, 11-2, 11-4.
- Against Williams, Nina Premutico went four sets against Mira Kamat in the No. 6 spot but lost 14-12, 5-11, 11-4, 11-7.
- The women are back in action on February 7-9 when they host the NESCAC Championships. The men return to the courts on February 14-16 for the NESCAC Championships at Bowdoin.