Jan 20, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 20th-ranked Wesleyan University women's squash team defeated No. 26 Bowdoin College Saturday afternoon, 8-1. With the win, the Cardinals improve to 7-5 on the season while the Polar Bears drop to 4-6.
- Wesleyan claimed the top three spots, as well as No. 5 through No. 9.
- At the top of the lineup, Laila Samy '18 and Aditi Prasad '21 cruised to 3-0 sweeps with ease. Samy won 11-1, 11-1, 11-7 in the No. 1 position and Prasad claimed wins of 11-1, 11-5, 11-4 in the No. 2 spot.
- Ananya Vir '21 dropped the first set but rallied to win the next three in the No. 3 position.
- Natasha Feenstra '21 and Nina Premutico '20 won the No. 5 and No. 6 spots, respectively, by scores of 3-1.
- Sarah Clothier '19, Sofia Melian-Morse '20 and All Imperiale '19 swept their matches in the bottom of the lineup. Clothier claimed the No. 7 spot, Melian-Morse won in the No. 8 position and Imperiale earned a victory at No. 9.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow to play St. Lawrence and Conn. College at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. respectively in the Pioneer Valley Invitational at Amherst.