HARTFORD, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's hockey team saw its 2019-20 season come to an end on Saturday afternoon as the Cardinals lost to in-state NESCAC rival Trinity in overtime, 2-1.
Cali Stevens scored Wesleyan's lone goal as the Cardinals conclude the season with a 7-16-1 overall record and 1-14-1 conference mark. The Bantams finished the regular season with an 8-12-4 overall mark and 3-11-2 league ledger.
- It didn't take long for Wesleyan to get on the board. Just under five minutes into the game, Caroline Seibold found Stevens for the score to put the visitors on top early.
- With 59 seconds remaining in the first period, the home team evened the score when Sierra Lee found the back of the net during a power play. She was assisted by Taylor Foy and Cassidy McNeely.
- After two goals in the first period, neither team was able to score again in regulation as they entered overtime in a 1-1 tie.
- With 2:21 remaining in OT, Ellie Fellows scored the game-winner for Trinity during another power play. She was assisted by Camille von Steinber.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sam Smith made 39 saves between the pipes for Wesleyan.
- Kai-Lilly Karpman recorded the win for Trinity with 22 saves.
- The home team held a 39-22 advantage in shots and went 2-for-4 on power play opportunities.