MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan women's hockey team lost a 5-1 decision to Hamilton on Saturday afternoon. The Cardinals are now 6-15-1 overall and 0-13-1 in conference play, while the visitors moved to 14-8 and 8-6.
- Prior to the game, Wesleyan honored its seven seniors – Allegra Grant, Miranda Nestor, Caroline Seibold, Colleen Castro, Allie Damren, Alicia Nickolenko, and Sam Smith.
- Hamilton netted two power play goals in the first period. Michaela Giuttari scored at 8:24, followed by a marker from Nancy Loh at 15:00.
- Loh scored her second goal of the game, also on the power play, just 2:11 into the middle frame, to stretch the lead to 3-0. In all, Hamilton scored three goals in 6:49 to extend its lead to 5-0, as Missy Segall and Alayna Trice also scored.
- Wesleyan got on the board with a power play tally late in the second period. Damren redirected home a shot from the point. Caroline Jenkins and Castro were credited with assists on the goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Smith finished with 29 saves for Wesleyan.
- Hamilton posted a 34-14 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Cardinals return to action on Friday when host Trinity for a 7 p.m. start.