WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. - The Wesleyan women's ice hockey team fell short against Little Three archrival Williams College on Saturday afternoon, 4-1.
With four remaining contests, all which are home, the Cardinals overall record now stands at 6-13-1 overall and 0-11-1 in conference play. The Ephs improved to 11-6-4 and 8-4-2.
- Williams went ahead 2-0 during the first period, scoring during the eighth minute then the 15th minute off of a power play.
- Amanda Reisman tallied the first goal unassisted and Kelly McCarthy gave the home team some insurance as she was assisted by Maddie Tix and Elizabeth Welch.
- Williams scored once again in the second period off a tally from Michaela O'Connor in the 17th minute as she was assisted by CC Wallin.
- Reisman found the back of the net once again in the fourth as she scored just under four minutes into the period.
- Wesleyan answered 30 seconds later as Cali Stevens took advantage of a power play, notching her fifth goal of the season. She was assisted by Allie Damren who tallied her sixth assist of the year.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wesleyan goalie Allegra Grant recorded 40 saves.
- William's goalie, Chloe Heiting, recorded 17 saves and is now 9-5-2 overall.
- The Cardinals will return to the ice on Friday, February 14 to host Hamilton. The puck is scheduled to drop at 7 p.m.