WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan women's ice hockey team lost to Williams College on the road Friday night in Lansing Chapman Rink, 7-1.
With the loss, the Cardinals fall to 6-12-1 overall and 0-10-1 in the NESCAC. The Ephs are now 10-6-4 and 7-4-2.
- Williams took a 2-0 lead after the first period and never looked back.
- Meghan Halloran scored the first goal of the game at the 14:47 mark of the first period off an assist from Amanda Reisman.
- Roughly three minutes later, the home team extended their lead when Kelly McCarthy found the back of the net off assists from Brianna Hill and Elizabeth Welch.
- The Ephs put together a strong third period, outscoring Wesleyan 3-0 to pull ahead by five entering the third.
- At the 4:05 mark of the final period, Wesleyan got on the board as it took advantage of a power play opportunity. Cali Stevens tallied the score off assists from Caroline Seibold and Maggie Curran.
- However, Williams answered almost immediately as it scored 28 seconds later with another goal by Hill.
- The Ephs would tack on one more at the 8:28 mark with a score from Jill Parsons.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Despite the score, Wesleyan registered 31 shots to Williams' 34.
- The Cardinals were 1-for-5 on power plays while the Ephs went 1-for-4.
- Chloe Heiting made 30 saves for Williams as she improved to 8-5-2.
- The Cardinals and Ephs will face each other again on Saturday at 3 p.m. in Williamstown.