Posted: Nov 16, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan women's hockey team (0-2-0, 0-2-0) fell 4-1 to Bowdoin (2-0-0, 2-0-0) on Saturday afternoon in its second game of the weekend series.
- The Polar Bears opened the scoring 10:03 into the first period. After back-to-back Bowdoin bids were denied by Cardinal goaltender Allegra Grant, Jess Cloutier collected the rebound and wristed a shot top shelf for the 1-0 edge.
- With 14:20 expired, Cloutier tallied her second goal of the game to give Bowdoin a 2-0 lead.
- With just 10 seconds remaining in the opening stanza, Wesleyan cut the deficit to one (2-1). Colleen Castro wrapped around the goal on the right post before tucking the puck through the five-hole.
- Tala Glass increased the Polar Bear advantage to 3-1 at the 5:03 mark of the third period when she one-timed a rebound into the net.
- Bowdoin added an insurance goal at the 10:18 mark of the final frame when Katie Leininger tucked the puck inside the far post for the 4-1 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Grant made 38 saves in goal for Wesleyan, while Bowdoin goaltender Dani Marquez recorded 33 stops.
- The Cardinals are idle until Tuesday, November 26th when they host Salve Regina at 7:00 p.m.