Scores: Game 1: Williams 10, Wesleyan 1 (6 innings); Game 2: Williams 12, Wesleyan 7
Records: Wesleyan (6-10, 0-2 NESCAC); Williams (9-9, 2-0 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Softball Field)
Date: Sunday, April 2nd
Time: 2 p.m. / 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University softball team fell to Little Three rival Williams College by scores of 10-1 and 12-7 in double-header action on Sunday afternoon.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Jamie Hom '17 singled home Izzy Linzer '17 from third to give the Cardinals a 1-0 advantage.
- A two-run double from Jessica Kim gave Williams a 2-0 lead in the top of the second.
- The Ephs added three more runs in the third to give them a 5-1 advantage.
- Another run in the fourth on an Alison Michalik single put the visitors up five runs.
- Williams added four runs in the sixth and would claim the 10-1 win.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- A five run second inning gave the Ephs the early 5-0 lead.
- Kendall Carr '19 doubled home Hom to make the score 5-1 in the bottom of the fourth.
- Riley Salvo doubled home two runs in the fifth to put the visitors up 7-1.
- Julie McDonald '18 singled home Linzer to make the score 7-2 in the bottom of the fifth.
- Williams put up four runs in the sixth to give it an 11-2 advantage.
- In the bottom of the sixth, Olivia Gorman '19 singled home two runs to make the score 11-4.
- The Ephs added a run in the seventh to make the score 12-4.
- Wesleyan began its comeback in the bottom of the seventh. Rachel Kantor '19 brought the Cardinals to within 12-5 with an RBI single, and Jenna Putala '20 doubled home two more runs to bring the home team to within five at 12-7.
- That's as close as Wesleyan would get as Williams would shut the door and escape with the 12-7 victory.
- The Cardinals are back in action on Wednesday, April 5th as they will head to Trinity to take on the Bantams in a double-header. Game one is scheduled to being at 3 p.m. and game two will being at approximately 5 p.m.