MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's cross country team opened its 2019 campaign competing hosting the Little Three Championship. Williams claimed the title for the first time since 2016, snapping Amhert's two-meet streak with 15 points. The Mammoths followed with 56, while the Cardinals finished with 73 points.
- Grant van Inwegen completed the 6k course first for Wesleyan, crossing the line in 19:28.70. The time was a personal-best for van Inwegen.
- First-year Eli Gappelberg was not far behind, placing 14th with a time of 19:41.27.
- Miles Aronow and Adam Linsky worked together to place 22nd and 23rd with times of 19:56.74 and 19:59.76, respectively.
- Rounding out the top-five was Dale Ross with a time of 20:08.87. Matt Frishkoff placed just behind Ross with a time of 20:09.67.
- Benjamin Cahill (20:22.77), Will Ratner (20:23.49) and Ethan Walker (20:27.48) placed 36th, 37th and 38th, respectively.
- The Cardinals are idle until October 5th when they travel to Lehigh for the Paul Short Run.