CAMBRIDGE, Mass. – The Wesleyan men's and women's track & field teams competed at the Art Farnham Invitational hosted by MIT at the Johnson Athletic Center on Saturday. The men picked up three first-place finishes and the women claimed four.
- The men earned three first-place finishes and four second-place finishes.
- Christian Denny led the way for the Cardinals as he placed first in both the 60 and 400 meters with times of 7.16 and 52.98, respectively.
- Griffin Maristany picked up two second-place finishes for Wesleyan as he took second in the 400 meters behind Denny with a mark of 53.09, and he claimed second in the 200 meters by crossing the finish line in 23.73.
- Kevin DeLoughry claimed first in the 600 meters with a time of 1:27.10.
- Rounding out the top finishes for the Cardinals was Nick Carulli as he took second in the 60 meter hurdles with a mark of 8.80.
- The women claimed 13 top-five finishes.
- The Cardinals excelled in the 60 meters by claiming six of the top-seven finishes. Augusta Burhans took first (8.03), Grace Devanny claimed second (8.14), Gabby Harris placed third (8.38), Sofia Pogliano took fourth (8.43), Caelan Campbell finished sixth (8.50), and Mallory Elliott placed seventh (8.52).
- Wesleyan also took the top-three spots in the 200 meters as Devanny placed first (26.36), Burhans finished second (27.49), and Campbell claimed third (28.03).
- Becky Velie earned first place in the 600 meters with a time of 1:41.98 followed by Addie Thomas who placed second in 1:49.00.
- Rounding out the top track performances was Abigail Pipkin who earned third in the 800 meters with a mark of 2:31.45.
- In field events, Ivie Uzamere led the way as she placed first in the weight throw (18.08m) and fourth in the shot put (10.58m).
- Additionally, Tara Peng placed fifth in the pole vault (2.95m).
- Wesleyan is back in action next weekend with the two-day Open New England Championship at the Reggie Lewis Center in Boston beginning Friday, January 31st. The Cardinals will also host the Wesleyan Invite on Saturday, February 1st beginning at 10 a.m.