Posted: Jan 18, 2020
NORTHAMPTON, Mass. – The Wesleyan men's and women's track and field teams competed at the Mary Grinaker Invitational at Smith College on Saturday.
- Kevin DeLoughry won the 400m dash, clocking in at 52.05.
- In the 3000m, Will Ratner (9:06.00) and Miles Aronow (9:11.57) paced each other to first and second place finishes, respectively. Both recorded personal best times.
- First-year Elijah Henderson soared to a second-place finish in the pole vault with a height of 3.55m.
- The 4x200 relay team earned runner-up honors, clocking in at 1:33.83.
- In the 800m, Kyron Roberts placed third with a time of 2:03.08.
- Christian Denny placed third in the 200m (23.38) and fourth in the 60m dash (7.13). His time in the 60m was a personal best.
- Noah Olsen placed third in the high jump with a mark of 1.87m.
- Becky Velie placed first in the 800m with a time of 2:20.90.
- In the pole vault, Tara Peng earned first-place with a height of 2.95m.
- Ivie Uzamere earned second in the weight throw with a mark of 17.59m.
- First-year Miranda Graves earned runner-up honors in the 3000m, clocking in at 10:57.35. Emily Hollander (11:25.96) and Nora Markey (11:29.89) paced each other, finishing fifth and sixth, respectively.
- Peng placed fifth in the high jump (1.50m), while Mallory Elliott placed sixth in the long jump with a mark of 5.10m.
- Augusta Burhans made the finals in the 60m dash, placing seventh overall with a time of 8.21.
- Other seventh-place finishes came from Sara Greene in the mile (5:33.43), Belle Brown in the 400m (1:05.64), and Addie Thomas in the 600m (1:47.01).
- The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday, January 25th when they head to the MIT Invite.