NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's track and field team competed at the Silfen Invitational this weekend. The meet was highlighted by the 4x400 relay team (Kevin DeLoughry, Christian Denny, Griffan Maristany and Kyron Roberts) which broke the school record with their first-place finish. Their time of 3:20.87 bested a mark of 3:21.81 that stood since 2001.
- Kevin McMorrow earned runner-up honors in the elite 3,000m steeplechase, crossing the finish line in a personal best time of 9:19.71. Will Ratner also competed in the event, placing 20th with a time of 10:19.18.
- In the elite 1,500m, Grant van Inwegen came in third-place with a personal best time of 3:56.94. Bill Bajohr also competed in the event, earning 18th-place with a time of 4:07.81.
- Roberts earned a 17th-place finish in the elite 800m, crossing the finish line in a personal record time of 1:57.52.
- Noah Olsen came in 20th in the javelin with a mark of 41.16m on Friday, before placing ninth in the high jump with a height of 1.75m on Saturday.
- In the 400m, Roberts came in first-place in a field of 42 runners, clocking in with a personal-best time of 50.12.
- DeLoughry also earned first-place honors, crossing the finish line in 54.87 in the 400m hurdles.
- In the pole vault, Andrew McCracken came in first-place with a height of 4.70m.
- Nick Carulli crossed the finish line in 16.76 in the 110m hurdles.
- In the shot, Olaniyi Adebayo placed 16th with a mark of 11.11m.
- Denny and Connell Oberman recorded 26th and 33rd-place finishes with times of 11.49 and 11.64, respectively, in the 100m.
- Maristany and Carulli competed in the 200m, clocking in at 23.12 and 23.62, respectively.
- Oberman placed 14th in the discus with a personal-best mark of 35.40m.
- The Cardinals return home to host the J. Elmer Swanson Classic on Saturday at 11:00 a.m., before heading the Middlebury the following weekend for the NESCAC Championship meet.