Results: 23rd of 26
Location: Malden, Mass. (Tufts University-Gantcher Center)
Invitational: New England Division III Championships
Date: February 17-18
The Lead: Qualifying athletes from the Wesleyan University men's track and field team took part in the Division III New England Indoor Track and Field Championships, where they finished 23rd.
- Frank McField '20 completed the 200-meter dash in a time of 23.05, which was good enough for 17th overall.
- Grant Van Inwegen '20 needed 2:34.18 to complete the 1,000-meter run, which gave him 11th place overall. The time also set a new PR.
- Conner Sexton '20 finished in ninth place in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 8:42.03, which gave him ninth place and a new PR time. Reid Hawkins '17 finished the race with a time of 9:06.20.
- The Cardinals distance medley team of Shota Nakamura '19, McField, Van Inwegen and Tate Knight '18 finished sixth overall as they crossed the line in 10:30.79. The team earned All-New England honors by finishing in the top eight.
- Andrew McCracken '19 took home seventh in the pole vault event with a mark of 4.55m. Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez '18 came in 14th as he cleared 3.95m.
- Qualified athletes will participate in the Open New England Championships next weekend (Fri. Feb 24- Sat. Feb. 25) at Boston University.