-- Recap courtesy of Gio Ortiz '21 --
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's and women's swimming & diving teams hosted Connecticut College this afternoon in the Wesleyan Natatorium. Prior to the meet, the Cardinals honored their eight seniors.
- The men claimed three individual wins and 11 top-three finishes.
- Eric Tran swam brilliantly for the Cardinals as he won the 100-yard fly in 52.50 as well as the 200-yard fly in 1:55.37.
- Mason Polaner also swam well on the day, finishing second in the 100 free with a time of 49.26, second in the 500 free with a time of 4:49.75, and third in the 1,000 free with a time of 10:05.72.
- Richard Ettinger edged out a Conn. College swimmer by .08 seconds as he claimed first in the 200 IM with a mark of 1:59.87. He also finished second in the 200 backstroke with a mark of 1:58.80.
- Rounding out the top highlights for the men were Mason Johnson in the 200 breastroke as he placed third (2:16.92), Aidan Hood in the 50 free as he took second with a time of 23.04, Aaron Lafferty as he placed third in the 200 free (1:50.19), and Jacob Lafferty who placed fourth in the 200 backstroke (2:03.69).
- The women won four events and earned 14 top-three finishes.
- Mengmeng Gibbs won the 100 breastroke with a mark of 1:08.78, as well as the 200 breastroke with a time of 2:29.39.
- Grace Middleton took first in the 100 fly with a mark of 59.92. Amanda McHugh finished a close second with a time of 59.96.
- The women's 200 medley relay team won the event with a mark of 1:50.10. The women's 200 free relay team placed second with a time of 1:39.58.
- Rounding out the top highlights for the women were Hannah O'Halloran in the 200 backstroke as she claimed second (2:10.72), Caroline Murphy in the 100 backstroke as she took second with a time of 59.83, and Heddy Parker who placed fourth in the 100 free (55.45).
- The women's team is back in action on February 13-16 as they begin postseason play in the NESCAC Championship hosted by Middlebury, while the men compete in the NESCAC Championships February 20-23 at Williams.