Posted: Nov 19, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team hosted Little Three rival Amherst on Monday evening for a dual meet. The Cardinals fell to the No. 15 Mammoths by a score of 174-102.
- Senior captain Max Wimer spearheaded the meet with a first place finish in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:19.86, followed closely by Wesleyan's Jared Christopher (5:20.41).
- Nicolas Moran, Jeffrey Haegelin and Garrett Kaufmann placed first, second and third, respectively, in the 50-yard butterfly with times of 24.45, 25.37 and 25.46.
- Brandon Pearson won the 1-meter diving with a mark of 199.87 off the board, while he placed third off the 3-meter board with a mark of 223.20.
- Alan Huh and Kaufman placed first and second with times of 1:00.78 and 1:04.75, respectively, in the 100 yard IM.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay (Moran, Wimer, Haegelin and Andrew Schwartz) raced to a first place finish, clocking in at 3:32.51.
- Wesleyan is back in action on December 1st when they host the CT Cup beginning at 10:00 a.m.