-- Recap by Gio Ortiz '21 --
BOSTON, Mass. - The Wesleyan men's squash team competed against Chatham, Haverford, and California-Berkeley in the Conroy Cup (D Division) of the CSA National Team Championships hosted by Harvard this weekend. After narrowly falling to the Cougars by a score of 5-4 on Friday, the Cardinals were victorious against both the Fords (8-1) on Saturday and the Golden Bears (7-2) on Sunday in the Consolation Finals.
- Scott Ji (11-8, 11-4, 11-2), Brinton Thomas (12-10, 11-9, 11-4), and Vabuk Pahari (11-2, 11-2, 11-4) each swept their match against Chatham in the No. 7, No. 8, and No. 9 spots, respectively.
- Andrew Doucette defeated Christopher Tejada of Chatham in a match that went down to the wire. The final score of the No. 6 position was 3-11, 11-6, 3-11, 13-11, 11-9. Doucette was also victorious against Haverford and California-Berkeley, going undefeated on the weekend.
- In the No. 1 spot, Sean Choi swept his matches against Davis Chase of Haverford (12-10, 11-6, 11-9) and Garrett Kitahata of California-Berkeley (11-9, 11-9, 11-6).
- In the No. 2 position, John Sutherby was engaged in two five-set matches, defeating Quinton Crawford of Haverford by a score of 11-5, 18-16, 6-11, 9-11, 12-10, and falling to Charlie Love of California-Berkeley by a score of 12-14, 10-12, 11-8, 11-9, 13-11.
- Four of the seven Cardinal victories against the Golden Bears came via sweep.
- Next weekend, the Cardinals will compete in the CSA National Individual Championships in Philadelphia, Pa. on March 6-8.