NEW HAVEN, Conn. – The 19th-ranked Wesleyan University men's squash team defeated Little Three rival and 22nd-ranked Amherst College Friday afternoon, 7-2 in the first round of the CSA National Team Championship hosted by Yale University. The Cardinals are competing in the Summers Cup (C Division).
- Wesleyan picked up wins from the top three positions. Guy Davidson '16 took the No. 1 spot over Noah Browne, 3-0 (11-7, 11-9, 14-12), Raheem Logan '16 swept the No. 2 position (12-10, 11-1, 11-7), and Chris Hart '16 claimed a 3-1 (11-7, 8-11, 11-9, 11-6) win from the No. 3 spot.
- In the middle of the lineup, David Sneed '17 and Zach Roach '17 swept their opponents. Sneed defeated Darian Ehsani in the No. 5 position by scores of 11-2, 11-5, 11-6, and Roach earned a victory over Jeremy Van in the No. 6 spot by marks of 11-8, 12-10, 11-5.
- The Cardinals also earned 3-0 sweeps from Jason Brandner '16 and Alex Bakes '16 from the No. 8 and No. 9 positions, respectively. Brander won by scores of 13-11, 11-6, 11-8 and Bakes earned wins of 11-8, 11-4, 11-6.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Friday's match marked the second meeting between Wesleyan and Amherst this season.
- The Cardinals won both matches as they defeated Amherst, 5-4 in the Little Three tournament on Sunday, Jan. 31.
- Wesleyan will face its other Little Three rival, No. 18 Williams College tomorrow at 2 p.m. The Ephs defeated No. 23 Bowdoin College today, 9-0.