-- Recap by Bowdoin Athletic Communications --
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan men's hockey team lost 3-1 on the road to Bowdoin Saturday evening.
The Cardinals leave Maine at 11-10-1 (7-8-1 NESCAC). while the Polar Bears climb to 10-11-1 (6-9-1 NESCAC).
- Bowdoin scored first with a shorthanded tally 5:24 into action. Kyle Jadatz won a faceoff in the neutral zone and kicked the puck back to Joe Alexander. Alexander saucered a pass up ice, off the boards, to Pat Geary who broke towards net, diving, and managed to roof a shot as he went down.
- Geary had his second of the afternoon two minutes later. With Michael Brown and Chris Brown joining him on the right post, the flurry of shots ended with Geary jamming the puck through Tim Sestak's pads and into the net.
- The Cardinals pressured Bowdoin in the third, peppering Alex Zafonte through multiple stretches. Wesleyan's most promising bid came midway through the frame as Walker Harris rang a shot off the right pipe from the slot.
- Wesleyan spoiled the clean sheet with 1:13 remaining in the game. With six skaters on the ice and a Bowdoin skater in the box, Tyler Levine took a feed in front of the net from Tyler Wyatt beyond the goal line.
- Graham Rutledge capped the game with an empty-netter from the Bowdoin blue line with eight seconds to play.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sestak made 33 stops for the Cardinals.
- Zafonte made 22 saves for Bowdoin.
- Bowdoin went 0-for-1 on the power play.
- Wesleyan was 1-for-5 on the power play.
- The Cardinals play at Trinity on Friday, Feb. 21 at 7:30 pm.