MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan University men's ice hockey team lost to Hamilton College on Friday night in Spurrier-Synder Rink, 2-0. The Continentals scored two goals in the first period as they prevailed, improving to 6-7-4 overall and 5-4-2 in the NESCAC. With the loss, the Cardinals dropped to 9-8-0 and 5-6-0.
- Wesleyan held a commanding 25-13 edge in shots on goal but was unable to find the back of the net.
- With just over two minutes remaining in the first period, Andrew Court one-timed a pass from Josh Labonte into the top left corner.
- Just 37 seconds later, the visitors added an insurance tally when Jon Beniers rifled one into the top left corner again. He was assisted by Teddy Simson and Stephen Cochrane.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Tim Sestak started in goal for the Cardinals and stopped 11 shots.
- Hamilton goalkeeper Sean Storr recorded a shutout with 25 saves as he improved to 2-4-0.
- Wesleyan was 0-for-3 on power plays while Hamilton went 0-2.
- The Cardinals are back in action tomorrow to host Little Three rival Amherst at 3 p.m.