PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. – Plattsburgh State (5-8-1) scored with just 45 seconds remaining in regulation as Wesleyan (7-5-0) fell 3-2 on the road on Tuesday evening. Danny Sorabella led Wesleyan, scoring once and tallying an assist.
- The hosts wasted little time getting on the board, jumping out to a 1-0 edge just 1:16 into the contest. Adam Tretowicz slid the puck across the slot, before Brendan Young one-timed the puck into the net.
- Wesleyan responded at the 17:06 mark of the first stanza. After a scramble in front of the Plattsburgh goal, Sorabella snuck the loose puck past goaltender Jimmy Poreda to make it 1-1.
- The visitors took a 2-1 lead with 2:38 expired in the second period. After a faceoff win by Sorabella, Colin Cobb fired a shot from the left faceoff circle, tucking the puck inside the left pipe.
- Plattsburgh knotted the game 2-2 at the 15:24 mark of the second period. During a power play, Joe Kile one-timed a pass from Christian DiFelice in the high slot.
- The teams skated locked in a 2-2 tie for the rest of the middle frame and almost the entire third period until the hosts broke through. An initial shot was denied by Wesleyan goaltender Tim Sestak, but Liam Lawson was there to one-time the rebound with just 45 seconds remaining in regulation.
- The visitors pulled their goalie in hopes of tying the contest and sending it into overtime, but both attempts were denied by a strong defense as Plattsburgh hung on for the 3-2 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sestak made 33 saves in 59:24, while Poreda picked up the win for the hosts with 23 stops.
- After a 10-straight away contests, Wesleyan returns home on Saturday when it hosts Colby at 7:00 p.m.