NEWINGTON, Conn. – The Wesleyan University men's golf team opened the 2019-20 season at the two-day Detrick Invitational this weekend at Indian Hill Country Club hosted by Trinity. The Cardinals finished ninth in the 10-team field and were led by Noah Cate's score of 160 (81-79).
- Four Wesleyan golfers shot below 170 over Saturday and Sunday, including three freshmen.
- Newcomers Jacob Fain and Daniel Kraft each carded a 161, while Kraft shot the lowest score of the weekend for the Cardinals with a 76 on Day 1.
- Mike Dunderdale registered a 167 in his first collegiate tournament with an 81 on the first day and an 86 today.
- As a team, Wesleyan shot a 649 (322-327).
- The Cardinals are back in action next weekend with the Duke Nelson Tournament hosted by Middlebury on Saturday, Sept. 14 and Sunday, Sept. 15.