HARRISON, N.Y. – Antone Walker dropped 24 points on 6-of-9 shooting while also dishing out six assists to help lead the Wesleyan men's basketball team to a 73-56 win on the road Tuesday night against Manhattanville.
Walker also went 3-of-6 from behind-the-arc and 9-of-10 from the foul line as the Cardinals improved to 4-2 on the year. The Valiants were led by Jake Dunn's 12 points as they fell to 3-2.
FIRST HALF HIGHLIGHTS:
- Manhattanville opened with a 6-2 lead following 3-pointers from JoJo Cobbs and Dunn, respectively.
- However, Wesleyan rallied with a 23-10 run over the next 10:42. They went 4-of-6 from deep during the stretch and a jumper by Sam Peek at the 8:03 mark capped it off as the Cardinals led 25-13.
- A 3-point play by Cobbs cut the deficit to seven with 3:41 to play but back-to-back 3-pointers from Peek and Gabe Ravetz extended the lead to 13.
- With only four seconds remaining, Mike Granda connected for two as Wesleyan led 36-25 at the break.
- Wesleyan shot 7-of-15 (47%) from downtown in the first 20 minutes of play
SECOND HALF HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Cardinals came out hot to start the second half and opened on an 11-1 run in the first four minutes as they went 5-of-6 from the floor.
- A lay-up by Ravetz at the 15:57 mark capped off the run to give the visitors a 47-26 lead.
- The game went back-and-forth over the next 10 minutes.
- With 6:07 remaining, a layup by Shackylle Dezonie put the Cardinals ahead 68-42.
- Trailing 70-46 with 4:15 to play, Manhattanville rallied with a 10-0 run as a 3-pointer by Cory Madden cut the deficit to 14 with 1:13 remaining but the deficit was too much to overcome and the Valiants didn't score the rest of the way.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Ravetz scored 16 points off the bench on 4-of-7 shooting from deep. Peek dished out six assists as well and recorded a game-high eight rebounds. Peek and Walker led all players with three steals each.
- Granda joined Dunn in double-digits with 10 points. Dunn corralled a team-high seven boards while Cobbs and Granda led the team with three assists each. Chris Brown led all players with three blocks.
- Wesleyan is back in action on Saturday, December 7 for its final home game of 2019. The Cardinals will host Farmingdale State at 1 p.m.