Score: Salve Regina 6, Wesleyan 4
Records: Wesleyan (13-6\), Salve Regina (18-4\)
Location: Newport, R.I. (Reynolds Field)
Date: Tuesday, April 11th
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team dropped a tough non-conference road game to Salve Regina by a score of 6-4 on Tuesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Matt Jeye '18 singled home Andrew Keith '19 and Danny Rose '19, and later scored on a triple by Jesse Levy-Rubinett '20 to give the Cardinals a 3-0 lead in the third.
- The Seahawks made the score 3-2 in the bottom of the inning on RBIs from John Militano and Dylan Ketch.
- Salve Regina scored three times in the fourth to take a 5-3 lead. Riley Fusaro, Brody Santilli and Militano each knocked in runs.
- Wesleyan got to within one run in the fifth as Jeye doubled home Keith the make the score 5-4.
- An RBI single by Colton Eremian in the seventh would put the home team ahead by two runs.
- AJ Ferrara '18 and Will O'Sullivan '17 would notch singles in the top of the ninth, and would advance into scoring position on a wild pitch, but neither would come around to score, and the Seahawks would claim the 6-4 win.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Keith and Jeye led the Cardinals with two hits each.
- Jeye led all players with 3 RBI in the game.
- Nick Miceli '17 and Ellis Schaefer '17 registered steals in the game for Welseyan.
- Santilli notched three hits for Salve Regina and also stole three bases.
- The Cardinals are right back it tomorrow, Wednesday, April 12th as they will travel to New London to take on the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. The game is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.