Skip to navigation Skip to content Skip to footer

John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts

In the fall of 2017, the John L. Wood Memorial Tennis Courts underwent an extensive renovation to create 16 new, state-of-the-art courts with a red interior/blue exterior appearance. In addition to the renovated courts, the improvements also included team benches, new windscreens, enhanced bleachers, new fencing, and cameras with the ability to live stream matches. The renovation doubled the number of courts there were previously, with the upgrades designating eight courts to Wesleyan teams and eight to be leased to the City of Middletown. All 16 courts are available for larger matches or tournaments.  The tennis courts, named after John L. Wood who coached a variety of sports at Wesleyan during his tenure from 1941 through 1970, including basketball, golf, football and a two-year stint as head men's tennis coach in 1949 and 1950, are along Vine Street. The men’s and women’s tennis teams use them for both practice and matches. Prior to the most current upgrade, the eight primary courts were resurfaced in the summer of 2011 in a blue interior/green exterior appearance.

Indoor Courts at Bacon Field House