MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The No. 11 Wesleyan University men's tennis team won its fourth consecutive dual match Wednesday as it defeated No. 24 Bates College in NESCAC action, 6-3 at the John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts.
Wesleyan: 9-5, 5-3 NESCAC
Bates: 6-7, 2-3 NESCAC
- The Bobcats took a 2-1 lead after doubles action with wins in the No. 1 and No. 3 positions.
- In No. 2 doubles, Michael Liu '17 and Steven Chen '18 defeated Pat Ordway and Fergus Scott, 8-5.
- Wesleyan excelled in singles play and rebounded from its deficit by claiming five-of-six singles matches.
- In the No. 1 spot, Chen, ranked No. 14 in singles play, defeated the 25th-ranked singles player, Ben Rosen, by scores of 6-2, 6-3.
- Liu cruised to wins of 6-1, 6-1 in No. 2 singles.
- Joachim Samson '19, Cameron Daniels '18 and Jake Roberts '17 won No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
- Samson swept Ordway with back-to-back scores of 6-0, Daniels earned wins of 6-4, 6-2, and Roberts claimed a thrilling 7-5, 6-7, 10-5 win over Brent Feldman.
- The Cardinals have three dual matches remaining in their 2015-16 regular season, and will return to the court Saturday, April 23 to face Colby at 12 p.m. in Waterville, Maine.
- Bates is back in action Friday, April 22 and will host No. 13 Tufts at 4 p.m.